Sweet Adelynn was 2 months yesterday - crazy! Everyone keeps asking how it is going (since previous posts have deemed me frazzled and part-insane) and I'm elated to report the little Miss is finally adjusting!
This past month, she has been way more content between feedings and got herself into a nice little night schedule. She also began stretching her feedings to every 3 hours instead of 2 which was nice.
SLEEPING: She was going to bed around 10:00, getting a dream feed around midnight, waking at 4:30 to eat, then up for the morning around 6:30 (which is a little early).
However, yesterday we upped her bottles by an ounce to 4oz., and last night she got fed at 10:00, went to bed, woke at 3:00 to eat, and then slept soundly all the way to 8:00am!!! We swaddled her and fed her 4oz. (the 2 changes), and I think we might stick with these. ;)
NAPS: She usually takes a long morning nap (can be up to 3 hours even), and then shorter 30-45 minute naps throughout the day. She still follows the eat/wake/sleep schedule, so she gets lots of little catnaps in the day. It's about 50/50 if she needs to be rocked to sleep. Sometimes she does and other times - for instance right now - you will look over and she'll be conked out on her blanket all on her own.
She sleeps in the swing in our room still at night, but I have been putting her in the pack and play for naps to get used to a "Crib-like" setting. Transition out of our room is soon to come!
EATING: 4oz. every 3 hours in the day - 7am/10/1/4/7pm/9/11/4ish ( 8 bottles total). We feed her every 2 right before bed to get her tummy nice and full.
This past month she has gone to church past few weeks, and I have been taking her to the gym while the boys swim with daddy. The ladies at the gym got upset because they haven't gotten to hold her yet - she has slept in her carrier through every workout so far. Ha.
She LOVES baths. Absolutely loves them. She also like riding in the car now which is a blessing. She started cracking grins and some full on smiles, mainly at me (warms my heart). The best shot of getting one of these is after she eats.
She is still incredible aware of everything going on. If someone new holds her, she studies every single aspect of that person. She twists and turns her head in every direction when in a room to check it all out. She is like Lincoln in this sense - just soaks it all in. Maybe she will be a fast learner like him???
I have absolutely LOVED having a baby girl. I knew I would, but this has been far more than I expected. Everyone keeps saying "Jason must be smitten!" - which he is - but I have just been captivated by this little thing!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment