The common question lately..."So how's it going??"
Some have made additional comments of how I seem to be dealing with the new transition "effortlessly"...let me assure you, not-so-much (my husband would attest). :)
Now I'm emotionally ok (most of the time) and am not having nervous breakdowns or walking around in a comatose state, but this definitely takes effort.
For instance, we got a new sectional recently and I needed to get some decorative things to match the new living room. Pre- 3 kids, I would load up the car with no question and hit the shops. And I did that yesterday, only once we rolled into the Gordman's parking lot, I realized: "Oh - this is my first time to take all three kids out shopping."
And then I hesitated wondering if I was really up for hitting 3 stores looking for home decor with all 3 kids.
Then I remembered a blog post I had recently read of a girl who took all her youngins' out in public and got compliment after compliment of "wow your kids are all so well-behaved!" And I thought, hey - I could be that girl, too, writing that blogpost..."
***We can all LAUGH at me now***
Store number one was fine. A breeze. Except I had to carry everything I bought because the cart was full of kids. But we made it.
Store #2? I should have quit while I was ahead because Lincoln (of all kids) had a holy terror meltdown when I didn't let him get his way on something. And when I say meltdown, I mean this escalated into something I have NEVER seen from him (I actually started crying at one point on the home it was that bad). He was so bad (yes, we left the store), that Adelynn started crying and wailing because I think the noise scared her.
So when we checked out, did I get the "Wow! You're kids are so well behaved!"
No. I got "Oh my gosh honey, you have SO much patience."
Yup. So there you have it. Effortlessly. Right? :)
But honestly that was one day - that never really got better, but hey. We have those. The rest have actually been pretty good.
So how's she doing?
* Has gained all her weight back
* Little belly button stub fell off
* Still nursing every 2-3 hours and gets about 2 bottles of formula during the day
* Some nights will sleep for 4-5 hour stretches, others (last night) wakes up every 2-3
* Grunts and makes loud noises while she sleeps at night. We finally moved her cradle swing to the far end of the room so we can't hear it as much :)
* Not a huge fan of the car but not near as bad as Noah was.
* Has been taking little cat naps in the morning and a really long one in the afternoon while boys sleep which has been FANTASTIC
How am I doing?
* I get exhausted come 7:00pm. :) If I wasn't nursing, I might go to bed at that time.
* I lost all but 10lbs after the first week, but am still 10lbs out here at week two.
* I'm a little nervous about the upcoming month. Jason has to work a ton and will be gone out of town one week as well. Thinking about it makes me wanna go into that comatose state I referred to earlier.
* I am feeling super blessed, in the midst of the craziness to be mommy to these 3 crazy kids. :)
1 comment:
Oh girl...those "Who is this child!?!" meltdowns in public are just the worst...we've all been there! Riggs had one of those just after Rhett was born, and he even slapped me...in front of all his BSF teachers! Awful. They tell me it gets better, so let's hope so! :)
Post a Comment