Friday, June 29, 2012

6 Weeks

Little Miss was 6 weeks old yesterday! Crazy. I had my 6 week check-up and it was kind of bittersweet knowing it may be the last time I'm in that office for baby-related stuff. (But maybe not...who knows).
Obviously I have been depleated of deep, thoughtful posts recently - I'll blame it on sleep deprivation - and this is yet another.

But as my "acting baby journal", I thought I'd update on how the tiniest is doing these days.

In a nutshell, much better - Praise the Lord.I can emphatically say now that as a family, we are semi-gracefully adjusting. :) I will say, Jason being off work and home all the time has helped a LOT. He has one more week with us before he goes back (tears). Yesterday, when I came home from the doctor, Jason had cleaned the entire house, ran the dishwasher, did ALL the laundry, and then later that night, he cooked dinner. Then he let me take a long nap. Seriously??? He's awesome.

So Adelynn....She has cracked a few intentional smiles (I think) at me the past few days, and I can't wait until those become frequent. And instead of crying the majority of her awake time, she will lie on her back, happy & content, for about an hour, wiggling her limbs and making cute little noises. She can totally track us as we move around her, and her neck muscles are getting stronger everyday. I bet it's not long before she can hold her head up strong by herself!

She understands when it's nighttime and will sleep longer stretches between feedings, starting around 9:00pm. I trick myself to believing this will make sleep training super easy in a few weeks when we tackle that mountain. ;)
She still eats 3oz. every 2 hours during the day, and goes for about 4-5 hours during the evening. Right now, Jason feeds her at midnight, I get her around 4:00, and then Jason wakes up with her whenever that might be in the morning (this has varied). But, she usually goes down for a long nap pretty quick after she wakes up, so I have often found Jason asleep on the couch with her when I get out of bed.
She still takes a nap between each feeding, though as her happy awake time is increasing, sometimes these naps are no longer than 10 minutes. She usually has one long (1.5-2.5 hours) nap in the afternoon.

As far as my appointment, everything is great. I have noticed some tenderness (I hate that word but can't think of a replacement) in my ab muscles, and the spot on my spine is still super sore from where I got the epideral. I experienced neither of these with last two kids. I assume it will resolve itself, but I hope the ab muscle thing is just soreness from working out (though it feels different).
I have been working out consistently 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks now. The past few days I have started running. Stupid me started running in this 100+ degree weather straight up noon the other day. Smart girl.

The boys seem to be adjusting well to our new addition! Noah is becoming more interested and Lincoln just adores her!

Now don't get me wrong...it's still mad chaos at times in our house and out in public.

 But it's becoming the new normal and we wouldn't change it for anything. :)
Check out her "what's up" pose:

No comments: