Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting Closer!!

Good news! Kristen and Ven are both home and happy!
I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday to check on Adelynn's progress, and I went from pretty much zero progression last week to being at 3cm and 80%ef. this week. Wow. Not expecting that. So it looks like, unless she comes before then, a week from tomorrow is the day for sure now! We decided no other doctor's appointments were needed and to just show up at the hospital next Friday morning to deliver a baby! Crazy and surreal.

I asked him what time I should be there and he said "They like you to be there by 5:00am".

Excuse me?? Um, would 7:00 work??

He told me I'm welcome to come in later if I'd like, that the only reason they like you there early is to make sure and get the epidural before anesthesiologists go into surgery and get busy.

Oh. Well, when you put it that way, we'll be there at 4:45 with bells on. :)

Yesterday Bethany watched the kids during my appointment and it was Ellie's 1 year birthday!!!! She took some pics of her and Noah playing in Adelynn's crib with her phone that cracked me up. Love these two.



3 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats!! You are almost there! I am at the hospital right now with my sister waiting on her Addylyn to make her debut! :) prayers for a healthy uneventful delivery for you:)

Allison said...

Oh, and we had to be here at 5 too..which meant waking up at 330... After getting 3 hours of sleep! Lol long day but well worth it:)

Leslie said...

So exciting! I have to say...at 3 and 80% I will not be surprised if something goes down before then! Although I was at 3 cm for a few weeks before Rhett arrived, I wasn't that effaced! I was 3/80 the day I went into labor with Riggs though :) Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery...and for that anesthesiologist to be on time for you! ;)