But here's where my "this is your baby book, Adelynn" post comes in so feel free to just look at her cute little pictures and skip the specifics:
* I had decided I was not going to nurse once I left the hospital, and I didn't for 2 days. She had formula exclusively. Then my milk came in (which never really came in force - if at all, honestly, with Lincoln, and with Noah I took supplements like mad to get it there). I don't know if it's because I said "I'm not nursing this time" or because I wasn't stressed and anal about it like I was with Lincoln, or just the sheer humor and irony of it all, but I am for the first time with three pregnancies finally producing a lot. I got kind of excited because I've never experienced this with ease, so I nursed her one night and have been ever since. So my best laid plans got thwarted and I'm actually liking it.
* She eats every 2-3 hours, and now that I'm not in pain anymore, we started giving her bottles at night. I feed her around midnight, then she'll sleep for about 4 hours, get a bottle, then I will feed her in early morning.
* With the
* She is not a huge fan of the passy but still take sit every now and then.
* So far she is a great napper, but I know she is still in her sleepy phase.
* She has plenty of awake time and is super alert to her surroundings when she is awake. When she was first born at 5:00pm, she was WIDE AWAKE and alert until about 11:00pm when she finally went to sleep. It was crazy!
* She has been on many outings with Jason and I this week so far. We've done tons of errands, gone to a movie even (she never woke up), and been to lunches and she's done great. She's 50/50 on car rides, but will typically fall asleep.
* She poops a lot. At least once after every feeding, but sometimes twice between feedings.
* She naps in her swing and our arms (her favorite), and sleeps on her boppy pillow in between us right now...mainly for convenience. We will move her probably around 2 months when we work at dropping night time feedings like we did Noah.
Right now we have somewhat of a routine but I have tried not to get anything in too much of one because I know life is about to CHANGE when the boys come back. I'll be honest I'm super excited to see them but a little nervous how all this "3 under 3" business is going to work!


1 comment:
Aw is the beautiful or what! Her beautiful little skin is just so perfect and clear!
Post a Comment