Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A New Leaf

This week Lincoln has turned a new leaf...he LOVES to read. I used to always read other's blogs/FB posts about how their baby would constantly bring books and could sit in mommy's lap to end end reading, reading, reading...then reading some more.
Then I would look down at my "go-go-go!!" tot and wonder how ever in the WORLD mom's got their kids to sit still in their laps for 5 seconds!!
When Lincoln turned 2, he was able to sit through more books (and enjoy them) but still, always at my initiative.

Fast forward  to 5 days ago.

It started with one book in particular that Lincoln wanted to read over and over and over for an entire day. This continued to day 2 (by which I happily obliged) and by day 3, he can now read me the book. And this book was the only one he was interested in. So the other day I moved all his books to the book shelf in the living room and it was like Christmas when he saw it. And since then, the books are constantly scattered in the floor, him looking for ones he has not yet read to bring to me.

Now, scattered through all those "new books" we still read the one that started it all about 5 times a day - at least.

So this is super fun for us and I'm glad to announce I can now join the "My toddler can sit still and enjoy book after book" Club. :)

No comments: