Friday, June 17, 2011

Almost Here!

Since 2007, my parents have taken all of us to Destin every other year. The trip total lasts about 10 days with 7 of them reserved for the beach alone. The first year we went, my sister and I had just gotten back from the Ukraine (literally) and were at my parents having dinner the night before they were to leave (alone) for Destin. They said, "we have a really big condo if y'all wanna come" and we took them up on it - with about 10 hours notice. Jason and I had just gotten married a few months ago, and Amy and Nathan weren't even dating, but it was us four that tagged along.

It then became tradition (planned tradition - not last minute!) from then on...

Only the last trip, Lincoln was the new, distinguished guest at 8 months old...

And this trip, we add two more toddlers to the bunch: Tucker & Noah.

(Mom and Dad, I hope these trips don't stop if we continue having kids!!!!)

The trips have marked some significant milestones for us:
                         - 1st trip: We had just gotten married
                         - 2nd trip: We had a baby with us,
                                          Jason had just gotten a big new job
                                          We had also just found out we were pregnant with Noah
                                          Amy & Nate had just gotten engaged
                         - 3rd trip:  We just sold our house!
Yeah so looks like the even number trips have the most news...I should be geering up for 2013 apparently. :)
                        

The trip isn't just Destin, however. We all meet in Biloxi at the Beau Rivage for one/two nights prior to rolling in to Destin. The first trip, Jason, Amy, and I (Nate stayed in his parents room...remember? not even dating yet?) crashed in my parents room at Biloxi (though Jason and I went to bed at 6:00am); the trip 2 years ago, us + Lincoln crashed my parents room (Amy & Nate were actually engaged on this trip!), and this year, we've pondered this crash scenario: Me, Jason, Amy, Nate, 3 babies, Kristen, Devin, and my parents - all in one hotel room in Biloxi...
Then we decided it's worth it for us and my sister's fam to split our own room this year. Sorry mom and dad - I know you're devastated. :)

Jason and I are extending this year even further though as we are stopping in Crossett before Biloxi (before Destin) to spend 2 days with his family!

So fun times coming up ahead! Lincoln has been praying for the beach in his prayers for the past 2 weeks now. Here are a few pics from our last trip...It's hard for me to even recognize Lincoln! So funny. And you can bet I won't be shy in the picture taking department with my new camera this year.




No comments: