Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weekend!!!

I have a pretty cool friend. She was my roommate through most of college and my only college friend who wasn't a soccer player. We had a bond. :)

We spent a month together living it up in an orphanage in a happy little village called "Pravda" on the way Eastern side of Ukraine the summer after I graduated.

She then went on to be a full-time missionary in that region, with a ministry still going strong (I told she was pretty amazing).

Anyway, the bad part of it (selfishly) is that we rarely get to see each other! When she is home from overseas, her "home" is Northern California...which is not too close to Arkansas.

But this weekend, she's going to be in Dallas doing a fundraiser for her ministry.

I can do Dallas!!!

And it just-so-happens that Jason's parents are graciously taking the little boys on a mini-vacay to Branson this weekend...so guess where I'm headed in four hours?????!!!!!

I seriously might pee my pants I'm so freaking excited over here. We saw each other about a year and a half ago in Portland (where our other roommate lives), but friend like this...you're suppose to see each other at least once a month - seriously. We talk constantly through emails and stuff and it's a big treat when she's int he states and we can actually call each other.

Anyway, there's not many other people on the planet who know me better than Meliss (yes, we have the same name even). Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love all of your almost famous posts! the bachelor one was really funny--glad you didn't have to go out with bob, ha! i think you did muchhhh better! :).

i keep wanting my brother in law to go on the bachelorette but he says my missionary in laws would kill him. i even submitted his application online and the producers called and asked him to make a video but he wouldn't. oh well, probably for the best!