I've never been one for summer until I had kids...now I LOVE it. Jason's home more, there's more things to do, vacations just keep getting better the larger our family becomes, and somehow the sunshine always makes my lack of patience subside a little more. :) Some other loves...
1. My dad LOVES to grill out...we're talking borderline obsession. And they love having us over when they do (which is at least once a week in the summer), and I've come to love our little family times more and more. There's something incredibly special about watching them with our kids and seeing the joy and love they have for them!!!
(Lincoln just saw this picture as I was writing this and goes "Noah's happy!!")
Time at Mimi's and Papa's also means yummy desserts. :)
2. Lots of yard time. Last night we got Lincoln his first kite. It was a hit for sure (even though it never really flied all that great).
3. Ice Cream. And lucky for us a Sonic is at the corner of our neighborhood. Last night we walked down there with our neighbors to indulge.
4. Getting Out the Clothes. This afternoon I spent the majority of the kid's naptime pulling down summer clothes from the attic and washing them. The most fantastic news??? Hardley any of them fit last summer (thanks to stubborn pregnancy weight) but I tried them all on as I got them out today (yes - almost ALL of them from boxes and boxes full) and they ALL fit! So yeah for having a summer wardrobe again!!!!
5. I mentioned my parents cooking out, but I also love us cooking out (which means easy/healthy dinners and Jason getting to cook some). Last night we grilled out a huge assortment of fresh veggies (asparagus, broccoli, zucinni, sweet onions, and mushrooms), grilled shrimp, and made some burgers (for Jason - he doesn't do shrimp). But happy to report my husband has discovered now ONE vegetable that he really likes - asparagus. :)
Happy Sunshine.
1 comment:
Too funny-- I thought to myself as I was reading the end of your post, "Wow!! She got Jason to eat shrimp!" Then I read the next sentence... Ha!! But kudos on the vegetable!!
Sweet pictures of sweet boys!! And hooray for a summer wardrobe!
Post a Comment