Thursday, February 24, 2011

Learning

My new favorite toy of Lincoln's:

We have a similar "shapes" wooden puzzle that he got a while back and was able to QUICKLY learn the 8 major shapes. So when I saw the "ABC" puzzle at Target 3 weeks ago, I got it in hopes that it would help him learn his alphabet in the same manner.
Happy to report he LOVES this puzzle and since he has gotten it, has forgone all other puzzles. He does this one at least three times/day.
He can now do it in no time flat, so this week we have been working on the song. Maybe he would have learned this all without the puzzle (who knows) but I really think this little gadget has helped him learn this! He now knows almost every letter and can sing the first part and the last part of the song.
The other cool thing about the puzzle is that under each letter is a picture of an object that begins with the corresponding sound. Anyway - if your kid's at this age for learning, this puzzle gets an A+ from me!

They have a number's one, too that will be my next purchase. They only had it in pink last time I was there...so it might be a pink one. :)

And Noah? Well, he has mastered 2 signings: More and All Done. We're working on where his body parts are - just started this. Poor thing. I think I had already worked with Lincoln on these things. I need to get it out of my brain that Noah is an infant because he is NOT! Ha.

Have a good day. We're expecting thunderstorms - my most favorite weather of all time, so I'm excited. :)

No comments: