However, I was thinking about our little toddler today as I was loading these pictures and how FAST he keeps growing into a little boy every day. It's like lightening speed people! Anyway, thought I would update on his latests, because last night I spent a few hours re-reading the updates I used to do on him and I don't want to stop :)
Lincoln's Latests...
* He loves anything having to do with water. Whether its baths, drinking from water bottles, playing in dog's water bowl, the pool, playing in sprinklers in the yard - he LOVES it. Now that we have a pool right down the street and go often, he starts getting pretty crazy excited when we get him ready to swim. He even loves getting sprayed with suntan lotion. The good news on this is that he is literally fearless when it comes to the water and that he truly enjoys it. The bad news is, well - he's fearless and has to be watched like a HAWK. Before you know it, he'll be half-way up the stairs on the big slide headed straight for the deep end (yes - this has already happened).

And Noah just likes the breezes outside while big brother swims. :)
Walking to the pool with dad.
* HE also loves the outdoors. I think he would sleep outside with the dogs if we let him. Now that it's summer we're cooking out a lot and this little toddler toddles all over the yard, squealing and running from/chasing the dogs. He loves it. And he comes in tracking mud everywhere and with remnants of outside all over his face - i love it.*He also now has his own seat - out of his high chair pretty much most of the time. I will put him in his high chair when he eats something very messy, but other than that, he sits like a big boy now!




* We put up his big boy bed the other day, but I am going to wait for that transition until Noah outgrows his bed (20lbs) and needs to be moved to the crib. For now, we spend a lot of time on Lincoln's new bed getting used to it. We read lots of books there and he loves "counting" all the fish on his bed.

* We put up his big boy bed the other day, but I am going to wait for that transition until Noah outgrows his bed (20lbs) and needs to be moved to the crib. For now, we spend a lot of time on Lincoln's new bed getting used to it. We read lots of books there and he loves "counting" all the fish on his bed.
* He has a HUGE personality. Lincoln LOVES having friends over and gets so excited to hang out with other kids. He waves to everyone when we go out (which is humbling to me because I get in my own world sometimes). There's no doubt we have an extrovert on our hands. I couldn't be more proud of the fella.
* He FINALLY got rid of his night time bottle - so much harder than I thought it would be, especially since "No-a" still gets them. But we're all done with them as of last week!!
* He FINALLY got rid of his night time bottle - so much harder than I thought it would be, especially since "No-a" still gets them. But we're all done with them as of last week!!
* And sleep? Yes he still gets TONS of it. Because we've been busy lately, he's only gotten to take one nap (that is between 3-4 hours) but this still has to come in the morning - not the afternoon! He can make it to the afternoon, but starts fading by lunch usually. If we're home, he'll still take a second nap. Hilarious. He wakes up consistently around 8:00am.
*He still loves his baby brother. He loves giving him kisses and hugs and hasn't gone through the jealousy stuff - not yet, at least. I am super thankful for that because I know that can be tough.
* He knows where daddy works and LOVES to play in the gym with the players. When we go see daddy (or just pass by the school on our way somewhere), as soon as we get close to the football stadium, he starts yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" Super smart kid. I was shocked he knew that the first time he did it.
So there's some in the life of a 19-month-old.
2 comments:
omg, he is ADORABLE
hey since yall live closer now, we should do a family pool date sometime! i bet lincoln and parker would have fun together! either at your pool or ours, let's pick a day!
Post a Comment