Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Biola

Tonight was fun and sad...Jason and I got invited to the Rakestraws for a"Biola sendoff" party for all the kids moved out to So.Cal to start college at Biola that live in the area. So we got the invite since I went there :) It's so funny b/c my first year there, out of the 5,000 students, I was the only Arkansas native until the following year when Nathan Oliver joined me. And now, there's so many kids from Siloam Springs alone going out there! It's fun to see...as my husband always says, I should be a Biola recruiter b/c I always talk about it so highly and try to get people to go there b/c it was such an AMAZING school and experience - but I'll stop now before I get into my recruiting mode. :)

Anyway, so it was fun to visit w/ all the kids going out there next year and made me sad cause I miss that area and the school so much! But I'm excited that Nate signed there for basketball cause now Jason and I will for sure be going out to watch him play! And then our youth pastor, Brian Hill, just got the youth pastor job at Rock Harbor Church - the church I went to throughout college! So weird - but evermore the reason to make some visits :)

So here's an old school Biola pic from my B-15 days w/ the girls...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Hey--check out my "Craig and Jessie's Wedding" album on facebook. The bride and almost all of the bridesmaids went to Biola (were a grade or two below you). Jessie Woods, Wendy Lee, Jamie Wolff--any of those names sound familiar??

San Diego and Laguna were FANTASTIC! Can't wait to go back! :)