Well, so had the end of 2nd trimester baby visit today where i had to fast and drink that awful sugar juice so they could check my blood sugar levels for gestational diabetes. And wouldn't you know it - i flunked the test. :( So unless I pass the second round of tests friday (3 hours of testing and pricking and drinking terrible juice, that is), looks like i'll be facing diabetic status for the next three months. Oh yeah - I'm also borderline anemic. So all of that is not encouraging, but the GOOD NEWS is that Lincoln seems to be just perfect! Kicking like crazy, perfect size, and a perfect heartbeat!!!!!! So that's all that really matters...
I do hope, though that this diabetes thing doesn't come to fruition, b/c they told me if I have it, I have to control it w/ diet - that means eating healthy meals, cutting out sugar, & getting daily exercise. Um, those of you who know me KNOW that I already live this way - even pre-pregnancy! So I'm at a loss for what I can do differently and how I can "change" my diet to be any more healthier! Maybe the docs will have some bright ideas, but I'm just not sure about this one...
To round out my 2nd trimester, I have also gained a total of 15 lbs. for the entire pregnancy so far, which also appears to be on track. So other than this diabetes thing, (well, and the kidney stones and anemia, I guess), things seem to be going pretty good. I blame the diabetes on genetics (thank Kristen!)...it's the only "risk factor" I had - the rest were no exercise, obesity, high blood pressure (mine's always crazy low), and Type II genetic predisposition (Kris has Type I).
Anyway, so there's the doctor's update. I'll keep ya posted how the test turns out on Friday.
As for now, I am about to go meet up w/ some of my friends for our workout while our husbands play pick-up basketball games. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment